Saturday, March 6, 2010

When I was.....

One day when I was in the 1st grade we were having a vocabulary lesson focusing on U words.
Everybody was thinking hard and coming up with words for the teacher to write on the board, and I remember that I raised my hand and offered the word "URN". All my classmates looked at me like I was stupid. "Thats an E word"..."Don't you mean EARN, like how you EARN money??"

I remember just kind of sitting there staring and saying, no... I mean Urn with a U......

The teacher had one of those looks on her face, like she thought for a moment that she had dodged the bullet of having to explain what URN meant, but saw that I wasn't backing down .. She gave a sigh.. Then quickly told the class that I was right, and that sometimes when people die they chose to be put away in an URN instead of being buried. .... Way to REALLY explain Mrs. Mann... way to go.

I guess my point of this story, is that this event in my life proved to be the first of many times that something I had said or done was misunderstood in the way that lead me to believe that everyone around me is just plain dumb.... and i mean that in the nicest way possible I think.
My whole life it seems that I can say or do something and it gets every ones panties in a bunch without me even knowing it. and once I finally find out that what I said was taken the wrong way , it's too late to explain myself and I'm just viewed as mean or aggressive...

I'm trying to think before I speak as of late... trying, really REALLY trying... but... in that process I feel like I'm loosing part of me... I'm sarcastic... DEAL WITH IT...I'm pushy and outspoken sometimes... DEAL WITH IT...
I'm just tired right now with feeling this way.... I'm done thinking that I'm always wrong... it can't always be that way... can it?????

No comments:

Post a Comment